Sunday 7 December 2014

Day 6 - Documenting December

No, you're not mis-reading, I haven't yet done my day 5 blogpost.  That will be tomorrow.  Things have been a little hectic, as December can be.  Adding in a family birthday and I've also just been diagnosed (yesterday) with shingles.  I'm less than enthused with this, as you can well imagine.  I'm grateful that so far I don't seem to be suffering to badly with it {itchy as all get out though}.  I'm also exceptionally grateful that my wonderful husband is currently home from work.  Small blessings.

I'm part of the DT group with The Stamp Spot and am using the main, teal and red kits from The Stamp Spot {which are truly stunning} to create my December Daily album. Today I've added in stamps and a few extras bits from my stash. 

Ok, so day 6 in my album starts with my sneaky 4x4 page protector. I created this as part of my foundation pages and I still love this page.


The base is vellum with gorgeous teal dots.  I've added a doily, stickers, star sequin, tag from the main kit. Twine and enamel dots are from the teal kit and the number is from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishment kit.


The next page is a full 6x8 with a red glitter base and white card on top.  I have used washi & stickers from the kits for the title.  As well as my new Wink of Stella red & gold pens. I'm already a little bit partial to these, though I really need to work on my doodling. This page is all about my shingles - woohoo!


Turn it over and there are birthday celebrations for John's uncle.  I've used a white card base, added photos, stamps, watercolour script writing and sequins.  Pretty simple, but looks like a party.


The shaker pocket on this page is from the red kit, handmade by the lovely Michelle.  To this I added washi and stickers from the kits. The journalling pocket is white card stamped with red stars.  The kraft tag has washi and ribbon from the kit.  I have used my sewing machine to attach the tag to the card. There are also a couple of pearls which I have coloured with a gold marker. The fabulous Beth Patfull, one of the other awesome DT members, did a very similar pocket which I absolutely loved.

And this is how it looks in my album:



Thanks so much for stopping my.  Day 5 will come tomorrow, I promise.

If you are after more inspiration, please check out Michelle at The Stamp Spot and also the other awesome DT members:










Amanda Miller

You can find me on instagram as @gabby_ingo and I'll also be linking up with Ali Edwards December Daily posts on her blog.

Have a great day,


1 comment:

  1. Well done you! It's all looking so great. I'm sorry but I did giggle at your 'shingles all the way'- I feel so sad that you're dealing with it but I really loved the play on words! xo

    ReplyDelete