Sunday 14 December 2014

Day 10-12: Documenting December

These 3 days have been super *SUPER* crazy. School concert, kindy concert, last day of kindy, last day of school.  Seriously I don't know how we keep up. And I've busily documented these days in my December Daily album.

I am so loving this project, mostly for the opportunity just to press pause and reflect on the moments.  I can't believe Zac has finished year 2 and junior primary and will be in a new class with a new teacher next year.  Gosh, when did he get so big?  And another reminder that time marches on regardless... Hannah has finished kindy & can't wait to start school next year. Just not sure where my littlies have gone. Gee, it will be so quiet at home.

I'm part of the awesome DT December group for The Stamp Spot and am using the main, red and teal kits to get our memories documented.

Just a reminder with my photos - I'm away at the minute at our farm/shack and have taken these photos outside on my brother-in-laws ute. Not my usual spot, but they're not too bad.

Day 10.


Today it's Zac's school concert.  This year is a cabaret theme and his group is doing Singing in the Rain. On this page is a water colour circle die cut with a Kellie Stamps attached to acetate {behind this is a TSS flair}. The embossed pocket on the right was created by Michelle from TSS as part of the teal kit.  I added stickers, enamel dots and washi from the teal kit. The number is from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit.

The tag inside is white card with glitter washi from the teal kit and a sticker from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit.

The 4x6 is the reverse of my handmade patterned transparency with a nice picture of Zac patiently waiting his turn.


The other side is photos from the concert - which are terrible quality. Action shots, inside, at night - definitely not my area of expertise.  But, they record the memory so they're in! The top right pocket is an embossed vellum card from the main kit with some Heidi Swapp stamps added. The bottom right pocket is white card with enamel dots and the photo attached with washi both from the teal kit.  And a little bit of script writing with my Wink of Stella gold pen.

In my album Day 10 looks like:


Day 11:


Today is Hannah's kindy concert and graduation. The day card is from the red kit and already had that gorgeous ribbon sewn to it.  I added sequins, stickers, wood veneer and numbers from the main kit. The journalling card is also from the main kit and I have added washi from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit.


The top left pocket is white card with washi from the main kit. The sticker and twine are from the red kit. The top right pocket is also white card with the same red twine tied around it.

I added a sticker from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit to the photo at the bottom.

Day 11 in my album looks like:


Day 12:


This is it. Last day of year 2. Last day of junior primary. Zac had a few roles at assembly today. The year 2's hosted and Zac's part was in thanking the parent volunteers.  Later in the assembly the junior primary performed the nativity play, Zac was a narrator. Love this school for the opportunities it provides for the kids.

The shaker pocket is from the teal kit. I added washi and numbers. The 4x6 is paper from Teresa Collins Tinsel & Co with a doily and mini tinsel from the main kit. I have used Heidi Swapp stamps.


The journalling card is from the main kit with washi from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit. The embossed card was created by Michelle for the teal kit.  To this card I added sequins, glitter oval, glitter washi and a tag from the main & teal kits. On the tag I added a Kellie Stamps.

I added a gold foil sticker from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit to the photo of Zac with his teachers.

In my album, Day 12 looks like:


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you're doing well keeping up with your December Daily.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Gabby what an emotional few days so beautifully documented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. So hard to believe I'll be home on my own next year.

      Delete