Tuesday 2 December 2014

It starts! Day 1 - Documenting December 2014

December is here and it's time to use my gorgeous, mostly ready, December Daily album. 

Some basic deets: I'm using a teal Snap! album from Simple Stories with a variety of pocket pages. My super fabulous kits are from The Stamp Spot - main kit and teal & red add ons. I've been incredibly fortunate to be part of The Stamp Spot Documenting December DT. As well as being able to work with Michelle's stunning kits and be a part of a great team, I'm now at the start of December with my foundation pages done. This is my first year undertaking December Daily and I'm pretty sure that already having my album set up will be my saving grace this silly season.

My photos: most of my pics will be taken with my iPhone 5c - it's handy & I love it. I'm printing my pictures at home - either on my big printer HP photosmart or on my super handy Canon Selphy. 

Let's have a look and see what Day 1 looks like...




Day 1 covers 7 pockets and uses the main and teal kits.  The first page was a 4 pocket page (each pocket 3x4 size). I cut the page in half leaving 2 pockets on the left side. I love this - it's a page in its own right but it also shows sneaks for the next page. This day is all about the return of our elf and making Christmas pudding. Seriously, I could eat pudding all year round :-)

The Hello card is embossed vellum from the teal kit. The stickers and number are from the min kit. The white card has gold star stamps and I've used the Freckled Fawn star washi to attach the photo.  To show the page is a half size, I created a file tab covered with washi & enamel dots from the teal kit with a Heidi Swapp stamp as well. 

Flip the half page over and you get...




Page 2 in more detail:




The 'lovely' pocket is from the main kit and Michelle had already sewn the gold ribbon which I just love. I added the doily, enamel dots and the wood veneer.  I coloured the wood veneer with Heidi Swapp colour shine and added a layer of glossy accents on top. The journalling card next to it is also from the kit.  I have used a great technique from Beth Patfull (also in the DT) to emboss the word - World - with some teal Zing.

I 6x4 pocket is white card I have added photos and journalling to.  Journalling today is either with a black Sharpie or the gold pen from the main kit.  I have attached one of the photos with washi tape from the teal kit.

The pages look like this in my album...




Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'm looking forward to getting today documented and added to my album.  And it will be even more special as my sister has given birth to a gorgeous girl this morning so she too will make a special appearance.

For even more inspiration, check out what the other DT members have been up to:
Ok, my computer keeps crashing so I can't provide all their links here. Grrr. But please check out Michelle's blog at The Stamp Spot for all the links.

Have a great day & I'll see you tomorrow. Same bat time, same bat channel

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment