Tuesday 9 December 2014

Day 5 - Documenting December

Right, so, it's the day after the day I promised day 5 but hey, that's how it goes. And as an extra sign it's busy, I'm getting this blog done while I'm relaxing at the hairdressers... as you do!!

Day 5 was a great day, as Friday's often are. Santa made a visit to playgroup and Hannah was excited. She normally takes a fairly wide berth around Santa but today she was quite happy to go right up to him. Perhaps it was the gift in his hand :-). And that gift - a battery operated chirping, talking bird - has been a real winner. 

Today I'm using the stunning teal & main kits from The Stamp Spot as part of their design team for Documenting December. 

The left side:


The date card is from the main kit. I added some washi & stickers, also from the kit. The number is from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishment kit. I've also done a little water colour script writing. 

The journalling is on kraft card with Teal Zing embossed Christmas trees. 


The right side is a 1/2 size insert. The photo is on a journalling card from the main kit with stickers & washi added. I used my tiny attacher to staple a Heidi Swapp acrylic arrow. On the side I have attached a tag with a sticker and mini tinsel. 

I added some water colour to the journalling card. 


The back of the insert is also just a simple photo & journalling card. I used the Rhonna Designs app to add text to the photo. The journalling card is from the main kit and I have journalled with the gold gel pen. 


The next "page" is the front of my sneaky 4x4 insert. I created this page on my phone using Rhonna Designs app for the text and a collage app to put it together. 

And this is how it looks in my album:




Thanks so much for stopping by. I am loving my December Daily journal for so many reasons. Top of the list is being able to just stop & reflect on each day. It lessens the blur of life. One of the other reasons is I'm actually getting my photos printed, journalled and in an album. It is truly wonderful to have something to look at that's not on the computer. 

I hope you have a great day & are also enjoying your DD journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment