Thursday 4 December 2014

Day 3! Documenting December 2014

Day 3, Day 3,
Look below with glee
And feel all warm & fuzzy,
As we trim the Christmas tree

Ok, so I'm not much of a poet, but there's something about the tree going up & carols blaring that really brings out my Christmas spirit.  More ho, ho, ho and less bah humbug.  We did wait for my husband to be home from work but he's never overly thrilled by the whole idea and mostly will leave me to my own devices.

I'm not an especially particular person.  Mostly close enough is good enough.  I rarely push for perceived perfection.  But for some reason my Christmas tree is different.  I like a colour scheme, I like pretty, I like matching wrapping paper & I really, REALLY want it too look like I imagine.  The kids however are growing up and getting much more vocal.  Zac always wants a rainbow tree - my colour scheme stifles him!  This year Hannah was happy to go with it, as long as she could get decorations from EVERY tub! *sigh* Just not the gold & white I imagined.  I have, with great difficulty, just gone with it.  I've reluctantly {and with great strength of character} not touched the tree since.  Surprisingly, it's actually not driving me nuts. Though we shall see how that goes as the month progresses

Below is Day 3 from my December Daily.  I'm part of the Documenting December DT for The Stamp Spot and today I'm using the main & teal kits only. 


The paper for the number card was in the teal kit and it's Bo Bunny Candy Lane - Jolly collection.  I LOVE this paper so much.  I edged the doily with the gold stamp ink from the main kit and placed a teal flair on top.  I covered a wood veneer star with glitter washi tape from the teal kit and added sequins, rhinestones and the number.  

I edited my tree trimming photo on my phone and added text using the Rhonna Designs app.  Super easy way to add journalling when space is tight.  



The other side is pretty simple. I added a sequin pocket from the teal kit to the top of the picture as a flip pocket and a sticker from the main kit.



Lift the flap and there's my tree, in all its mis-matched resplendent glory. I also edited this picture on my phone and added a quote from the Rhonna Designs app. I'm really liking this picture.

For my December Daily I'm printing all my pictures at home and the tree picture is the first one that isn't on 6x4 paper.  I just couldn't (easily, right now even) work out how to get it to print 6x8 so instead it's 5x7 with a great white border.  And it printed crooked!  But again, it's about just getting it done. 


This is how the pages look in my album. It really is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you're enjoying your December Daily journey too.  If you want some more inspiration please check out what Michelle is up to at The Stamp Spot  and also the rest of the fabulous DT:











Have a great day,


7 comments:

  1. I had to let go of the perfect tree with growing kidlets too. I may 'tweak' it later to be a little more comfortable with it lol and I didn't even notice the crooked ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey-Lee. I'm doing my best to restrain myself... and it's darn hard hahaha

      Delete
  2. Capturing Christmas for every family member! Memories made and documented as they are in real life...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for giving the kids free reign Gab! They will love it and will have such happy memories of being involved in the decorating. xo

    ReplyDelete