Wednesday 17 December 2014

Day 15 - Documenting December

It's the last day of our short break away.  Tomorrow is back home to the never ending list of jobs and the craziness of only 10 sleeps till Christmas. *breathe deep, grit teeth and enjoy*

I'm part of the awesome DT Documenting December group for The Stamp Spot and am using the main, teal & red kits for my December Daily.

Left side:



A couple more pictures from time in the boat. My husband, the captain as always. Quite frankly, I wouldn't really know what to do, but Zac is all over it.  He'll have his boat licence before me. We hit the water early one morning and the kids ate Cheerios in the boat. And of course played with their food. The stickers are from the main & teal kits.

The balsa tree at the top is the back side of day 14. Tree is the same both sides in a see through pocket.

As for the songs card... well, that was a 'filler' card I created when doing my foundation pages. The music print perfectly lent it to documenting our favourite Christmas songs.  Does it fit here on this page? NO! But it has stayed because it is the reverse of the day 14 date card & I wasn't re-doing that one. I'm just going with it being one of those odd things that get put together.

Right side:

During this whole DD journey, I've been enormously inspired by Ali Edwards and printed a 5x7 photo with a large white background. Still the same printer issue that I haven't spent any time trying fix it. One day I'll work out how to print them at 6x8! I added text prior to printing, using one of Ali's favourite fonts Remington Noiseless.

And the big question - where is the day indicator? When making my foundation pages I made a day 15 6x4 card on acetate. I had planned to cut it down & pop it in the pocket where the songs card is. But I couldn't swap that card out. So instead I turned the card on its side, punched some holes & have slotted it in between my two pages.


 

The number is a wood veneer from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit on a gold glitter circle. This is attached to acetate. The reverse side is a doily and a vellum piece with joy embossed - Michelle created this as part of the teal kit.

This is how it looks in my album:





Thanks so much for stopping by. For more inspiration, check out Michelle from The Stamp Spot and also the other awesome DT members:










Have a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment