Wednesday 17 December 2014

Day 16 - Documenting December

Last week the lovely Michelle from The Stamp Spot suggested to the DT to include some specific journalling around 14 for 2014. The idea being to include 14 items in whatever theme you wanted on day 14. Well, it's day 16 so I obviously missed the 14th, but that happens. However, I love the idea of a  year in review so I have done it today. Today has ended up being a one pager in my DD album with no photos.


The day card is a gorgeous piece of bokeh vellum from the teal kit. I added the doily, numbers and wood veneer stars from the main kit. The large star I covered with gold glitter washi.

The top card is lift up flap. The outside is kraft card with washi from the teal kit and stickers from the main kit. I added a gold foil word cut with my Silhouette.

The inside of the flap is vellum where I have written the first 12 things.


Between the vellum & the photo behind I have created a file card from white card. I have written the final 3 things on this card and then placed it backwards in the pocket - ie so it can't be seen through the vellum. There is a washi covered tab sticking out the top indicating that there could be something more in there. However, my more personal journalling is on this card so I'm not really fussed if people don't pull it out.


I really enjoyed the process of looking back over the year. I initially was worried I wouldn't have enough to write for 14 things. I ended up with 15 and could have written more. Thanks so much Michelle for the prompt :-)

Thanks for stopping by to check my DD progress. For more inspiration, check out Michelle from The Stamp Spot and also the other awesome DT members:











Have a fabulous day.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely page. I'm really loving hidden journaling and can see me documenting a whole lot more by way of this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey-Lee. I don't often do hidden journalling, but really enjoyed it for the freedom it gave me to record some pretty private stuff.

      Delete
  2. I second the hidden journaling...I include so much more this way. Reviewing is a nice way to end a year and prepare for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Michelle. Funnily enough, I'm feeling a lot less rushed now and more prepared for the year ending. One of those odd quirky things

      Delete