Sunday 14 December 2014

Day 7 - 9: Documenting December 2014

Right, so things have been crazy 'round here! Like it's any different for anyone else.  It's been the last week of school/kindy & I've been trying to fit in all manner of Christmas activities on top of everything else.  And in all of that, something's gotta give.  This week its been my blog posts & some of my December Daily

But that has all changed now.  Friday school finished & BAM we hit the highway for our farm/shack on the Yorke Peninsula.  And I gotta say, there's something pretty darn good about just stepping out of the rat race right at this minute. Can really recharge my batteries to power through the rest of the month.

Ok. So I've been mostly doing my album while I've been blog absent.  I'm using the super sparkly kits from The Stamp Spot - the main, red & teal kits are my go to.

There are 3 days in this blog post so I'll warn you right now, it's pretty photo heavy. Also, I'm out of my normal environment & don't have my white background. Ack! These pics have all been taken outside on the back of my brother-in-law's ute.

Day 7

The vellum card, wood veneer & number are from the main kit. The stickers are from the teal kit. The other 2 pockets are paper from Teresa Collins Tinsel & Co range.  One has with script writing and the other a hand made tag with sequins, rhinestones & washi from the kits.



On this day we visited Santa and it really was a magical experience.  He spent so long speaking with the kids about Christmas, their wishes, his reindeer, getting surprises.  The kids were just spellbound.  I loved just watching them interact.  We also got an official photo.  I've used a 6x8 page protector with the 6x4 photos back-to-back. Around the photos I have machine stitched pockets & added sequins and gold thread.



This is the back.



The last page for the day has the journalling cards.  The space down the bottom is waiting for a gold foil silhouette cut saying Magic.  I did cut this the other day but the m was distorted & time was not available before heading off to the farm *picture husband tapping his foot impatiently*.  It's the first thing on my list when we return. The glitter card is from the teal kit and the cork Christmas tree & stars are from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit. The final card is paper from Teresa Collins Tinsel & Co range with stickers from the main & teal kits.

Day 7 looks just like this in my album:




Day 8.


The glitter shaker card is from the main kit & I have just added the number.  The journalling card, paper clip and tag are also from the main kit.  I have used a Heidi Swapp stamp on the tag and added washi from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishment kit. Finally I used a Kaisercraft stamp with the gold ink.


Lots happened today so I needed another journalling card.  This one is just white card with 2 layers of washi at the top and bottom. The bottom card is from the Teresa Collins Tinsel & Co range with a star die cut giving a peek-a-boo to the photo behind. The banner is purple foil from one of the pretend parcel decorations - the kids just couldn't resist opening one *about 5 actually* to see what the tiny little gift inside was.  Hmmm... the piece of foam was a little disappointing. I have added a sticker from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit.  

In my album day 8 looks like:


Day 9

Overall, this is a pretty simple page.  To the day card I have added glitter & wood veneer stars and the number - all of which is from the main kit.  I have also added a Kellie Stamps on top.

The bottom left pocket is white card with a piece of gold doily and a Heidi Swapp Christmas ephemera attached.  

The bottom right pocket is white card base with a white doily and a sticker from the Freckled Fawn very merry embellishments kit.  I really wanted a gold border on the card however don't have my embossing stuff with me at the farm *can only take so much* so I improvised with my Wink of Stella gold pen.  And it worked a charm.


The journalling card is from the main kit & I have used the gold gel pen for the writing. Next to it is an acetate piece with a flair from the red kit.

The 4x6 pocket is another piece of acetate stamped with white Stazon to create a pattern transparency.  I may add something else to this pocket - perhaps some typed strips of journalling.

In my album day 9 looks like:


Ok.  That's it from me for this one.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you're enjoying your December Daily journey.



2 comments:

  1. Yay...fab read and fab example that December Daily is flexible and portable. Shack on a farm sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. It is lovely. Very nice to get away.

      Delete