Thursday 2 April 2015

Kaisercraft Design Team 2015 Entry

I am super excited to apply for the Kaisercraft Design Team for 2015/2016. This is the first time I'm applying for this great DT and I'm wondering why it's taken me so long. Especially as I love the Kaisercraft collections so much. 

My first project is a layout using the Shine Bright collection.


I love this range so much, it's so bright and fun. That yellow is just gorgeous. I added some pieces from the matching collectables to give the layout cohesiveness and created a tag from the Canary paper, embossing with the Sentiments folder. The tag is used as a base for my title. Background stamping and misting provide added texture and interest.



Kaisercraft products: papers - Buttercup, Mango, Canary, Sunbeam; sticker sheet, Shine Bright stamp set, Shine Bright collectables, Sentiments embossing folder

I created my off the page project using the Multipurpose Box with the Close Up collection. 



I painted all the pieces black and, once assembled, I created a collage on each side from pieces of the Develop paper. I added extra decoration to each side with fussy cut strips from the Film paper, collectables and stickers. 




The front is covered with Flash paper and fussy cut elements from the Capture paper. I have also added lots of pieces from the collectables and finished off with some matching pearls. 


The box comes with 6 dividers which I have covered with papers from the range. Each divider tab has a medley of collectables and stickers. 

I really love how this project turned out and will be using the box for sorting & storing my photos and memorabilia ready for my pocket page scrapbooking. 

Kaisercraft products: papers - Develop, Capture, Film; Close Up collectables, Close Up stickers, pearls

My final project is a mixed media canvas in 12x12 size. 


This canvas started out as a greyscale succulent picture which used to hang in our old house about 8 years ago. However it doesn't fit at all with our current house so it was just perfect to be repurposed. 

I started with gesso, then dabbed on a mint spray & white paint mix. On top of that is lots of layers of inking with bubble wrap & corrugated cardboard, stamping and stencils with texture paste and paints. 



When everything was dry I added the top, pretty, layer. This final layer is made up of flowers, doily, fussy cut flowers & butterflies from the All that Glitters range and All that Glitters collectables. The quote is a combination of stamped word strips and letter stickers. I coloured some of the white flowers with mint mist to match the background. 

I just love how this canvas finished up. 

Kaisercraft products: paper Dazzle - ; All that Glitters collectables, paint, doily, flowers, All that Glitters stamp, texture stamp Film Edges, texture paste

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my entry. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment