Saturday 21 March 2015

LO: Love Fun

For me, layouts come about for lots of different reasons. This layout is all about capturing Hannah's pure excitement on the flying fox for the FIRST time. 

The fishing playground (nick named by the kids because part of the play equipment is a boat) has undergone a huge revamp and a double flying fox has been added. Zac saw it and was instantly beside himself. He jumped onto the platform & pretty much didn't play on anything else.

Hannah, on the other hand, had never been on the flying fox before and she was too scared to try. Instead I pushed her a THOUSAND times on the tyre swing and then, when my arms were just too sore to go on, she wore out the slide.

Eventually, I was able to coax her over to the flying fox. And after what seemed like forever, but only really a few minutes, she decided to give it a go. Zac & I helped her get on the seat and then gently let her go. Off she went. Hair flying behind her and a grin bigger than the sun. LOVED IT is an understatement. She had so much fun and was so proud of herself for being brave in giving it a go.

And for all of that, she need her own layout.  



For this layout I have used lots from Amy Tangerine Stitched collection. I started with the Continued paper for the base, swiping some gesso on the left side just so my photo wouldn't be overwhelmed by all that gorgeous script. I highlighted a few of the script words with watercolour paints and then added some gelato colour to the gesso.

Next I layered pieces from the other patterned papers in the collection I had - map of my heart, moments and jumble stitch - and also the fabulous die cuts. I cut some *I think 10* circles from these papers, scrunched them up for some added texture and then machine stitched them to my layout. I really wanted my stitching to be a little free & easy, however... I can be more than a little particular about straightness & evenness. So as you can imagine, haphazard stitching is a real challenge for me. But I gave it a go. 7 circles were added to the layers under the photo and 3 were added to the bottom right corner of the layout.


Time to finish it up. I attached a block from the jumble stitch paper to a kraft tag for my journalling. And then it was the pretty bits... Freckled Fawn arrow paperclip & wood veneer, Amy Tangerine foam word, MME enamel dot from the Cut & Paste collection and more of the great Amy Tangerine die cuts.











Products: Paper - Amy Tangerine Stitched; Die cuts - Amy Tangerine; paper clip & wood veneer - Freckled Fawn; thickers - Amy Tangerine; enamel dot - My Mind's Eye; Tim Holtz mini attacher, machine stitching, gesso, watercolour paints, Faber-Castell Gelatos

No comments:

Post a Comment