Wednesday 22 April 2015

SBM Masters Entry 2014

So last year I threw my hat into the ring for the Scrapbooking Memories magazine Masters competition. Did I expect to win? No, not really. It's my first time of trying out for the team & mostly the experience was about just making myself do it. Frankly, I'm fabulous at deferring, putting off, finding excuses and any other kind of procrastination. So this was about pushing all that aside & just getting it done. And I did!

To enter I needed to submit 4 pieces of work.  The first a layout with a 5x7 photo. I chose a great photo of Zac just after he caught his first spanish mackeral. The fish is big and he was just so excited.



 

The second project had a journalling focus. There were lots of things I could have gone with, some may well have ended up novels :-) In the end, I chose to document about Hannah @ 4.




The third project was a layout using an unusual item either to create the layout, as an embellishment or any other way you imagined. I chose to do a layout about me! Yep, it's a pretty rare occurrence. And added a favourite quote. My unusual item was springs from clothes pegs which I painted & sprayed.


 


The final project was to create the cover of an art journal. I will have to add pictures of that another time as I created the art journal for one of my 13 year old nieces and have since given it to her. I will however take photos next time I see her.

And how did I go with my entry? Well, I didn't win - as I well expected. And let me just say the girls who did - WOW. Their stuff is amazing!

I did however get an Honourable Mention and I'm pretty dang excited about that. Check out my next post for all the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment