Sunday 30 November 2014

I think I'm Ready... Documenting December 2014

So December is almost here - like TOMORROW! - and I've been busy getting my album set up for December Daily.  I'm *essentially* done save for some additional cut files I want to add and some extra pretty bits.  Always need is more pretty stuff.

I've been a so fortunate to be a part of The Stamp Spot Documenting December Design Team.  In my album I've used The Stamp Spot Documenting December Kits, the Freckled Fawn Very Merry Embellishment kit and added some stamps from Heidi Swapp and Kellie Stamps.

Below are a few more of my pages and cards:

         
     

 








This is the reverse of my cover page which was a 6x8 page that I sewed into smaller pockets.  I have also typed a little something about why I've chosen to document our December.




This is a filler page for our Christmas Eve which will be December 19.  My hubby does FIFO and won't be home for the 25th so Santa will be visiting us early.  This page is all from TSS kit. The reindeer flair is glued to a piece of acetate.  The reindeer pocket is a piece of pre-printed acetate in gold, of course.  The doily pocket is the 'other' side of the printed burlap piece.







And this is the back of the page above.  The printed burlap on the left and I'm leaving the reindeer acetate as a see through page. I have attached a water colour circle with a Heidi Swapp stamp to the back of the flair acetate pocket.




One again this page is from TSS kits.  The main kit came with a piece of balsa wood, which I haven't used before.  I die cut a Christmas tree from the balsa and have used the negative and positive images in my album.  This piece is the same both sides with gold embossing around the edges of the tree and some stars drawn on with the gold pen.
I've worked on setting up my pages so pretty much it will {should} be all about adding the photos & the stories as December goes along.  This is my first year doing December Daily and I expect to learn a lot from it.  Questions I have for myself already are: (1) do I have enough pockets for each day? {eek, possibly not!} (2) what the heck am I doing? 



I'm fully expecting cards to get shuffled around and doubt my album will look the same come the end of the month.  But December and the magic of Christmas will be documented - and that's what's most important.  And it'll look pretty!!

I'll be updating here daily {gulp!} and will also be linking up with The Stamp Spot blog, Ali Edwards December Daily blog and will posting to instagram too - @gabby_ingo 


Thanks for stopping by.  I'll see you again tomorrow :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment