Saturday 22 November 2014

Documenting December 2014 - Getting Ready

It's well into November & I am like a busy bee getting to ready for my first Documenting December project!

I first saw the December Daily phenomenon in December last year. And I was blown away by the concept. I wanted to have a go at it but it was already the crazy season & I was overwhelmed by where to start. So I decided that this year I would get in on the act. The amazingly talented Ali Edwards originally created the December Daily idea, check out her blog for more info.

To make it even more exciting, I have been very fortunate to team up with the gorgeous Michelle from The Stamp Spot as a member of her Documenting December DT Team. *woohoo, go me!!*  Michelle released a main kit full of gold, white & kraft - just dazzling really - and lots of add on kits in a variety of colours. And they are all full of sparkly goodness. With great difficulty, I managed to narrow my kit selection down and will be using the stunning main kit as well as the red & teal add on kits. Check out Michelle's blog post to see all the beautiful details of the kit.

I was pretty excited to receive my kits *read running around the house with my shirt pulled over my head like a soccer player* and set them up just so I could stare at them!


I have joined my 3 kits together in this little wooden box which has compartments built in, just perfect for all the pretty bits.


Some of the kit bits I can't wait to use are the balsa wood, burlap and the doilies.  I am so loving the shaker pockets Michelle has handmade.


I also managed to snare the Freckled Fawn Very Merry December Embellishment kit from Michelle too.  Because you can never have enough embellishments!!!  There is quite a bit of winter specific in the kit which just doesn't apply to me, so I've picked out the bits that will work for me.  The rest will go into my PL bits.


My album of choice is the Snap! Teal & Kraft 6x8 binder which I also got from Michelle.  I haven't started on the cover yet, so it still looks just like this! 


And lastly some other bits I'm using from my own stash - stamps (Heidi Swapp Project Life & Kellie Stamps, sequins, colour shine (in gold, of course!) & rhinestones.



In addition to the gorgeous patterned paper in the kits, I'm adding some white & kraft card stock, gold, red & teal glitter card and some extra patterned paper from Teresa Collins Tinsel & Co range.  All of these are in 12x12 size which I'll be cutting down to size as I need them.

I've started doing my foundation pages and will share pics of these soon.  In the meantime, check out The Stamp Spot blog to see pictures of foundation pages from all the DT team.

Are you doing December Daily this year?  


No comments:

Post a Comment