Saturday 7 February 2015

Documenting December: Days 18-25

This is it! I'm FINALLY blogging the last of my December Daily album. I finished about a month ago but haven't managed to get around to putting it up on the blog... mainly due to that little thing called life! But today I.AM.DOING.IT! 

And I'm doing 8 days in one post so WARNING - it's going to be photo heavy - especially since we had 2 Christmas days in that time. 

A quick refresher - I was a part of the fabulous DT Documenting December for The Stamp Spot. Michelle created some gorgeous kits for this project and I used the main (gold, kraft & white) kit and also purchased the teal and red add on kits. 

And for those that have stumbled across this post and are wondering what the heck is December Daily - well, it's a concept created by Ali Edwards with the idea being to create a special, usually mini, album dedicated to capturing the spirit of your Christmas - including traditions, special events and other memories. Be sure to check out Ali's blog for more info.

Some of my favourite pages are:


Day 19: This page protector started as 2 4x4 pockets and 1 8x2 pocket. Out came my trusty sewing machine to alter the 8x2 pocket into 4 2x2 slots which I filled with sparkly goodness from the kits.  I also machine stitched on the number card to create a triangle shaker pocket - totally inspired by Michelle's kits.


It's Day 20 & Santa has been! What??!!! I hear you ask.  Well, my husband does FIFO and headed to work on the 22nd so a special request was sent to Santa and he very, very kindly agreed to visit us early. Yay!
The balsa wood in the top pocket is from the main kit. I used a tree die cut before gold embossing the outline, adding a star sticker & also drawing gold stars with the gel pen from the kit. 


Day 20 was really, really busy in my album and there was just no pocket space for journalling - even after I added a Heidi Swapp mini memory album for  more photos. So I solved that problem by writing on an acetate sheet with my trusty black sharpie. It took a couple of days for the ink to dry but was worth the wait.


Day 23 - our church held Christmas carols at the local winery. I know... how good is that? Right! I just love this picture of Hannah with her friend singing merrily. Hannah's job was to jingle the bells & Stephanie's was to turn the pages on the singing book - because she's at school already & can read, of course!
In the top left pocket, the foil came as part of the main kit. Again I used the tree die cut and then a star embossing folder. The 'joy' is from Heidi Swapp was cut on my Silhouette from gold foil paper. 


Day 25 - the standard day is here. No, Santa didn't visit twice, much to the kids disappointment. He did however swing past to collect our elf and also to leave a lovely letter for the kids. However, the day was not without presents. We celebrate lunch & dinner at my sister's and there were kids, gifts & food galore.
I used my trusty Silhouette again to cut the 25 from gold foil card. I created a flip card to record my journalling.


The finish... Being my first year of December Daily I wasn't quite sure just how to finish up my album. Day 25 is my last day and the last pocket is a reminder of everyone's favourite memory for December. They are all different and interestingly enough, neither of the kids actually listed presents.
This final card uses washi, stickers & a flair from the main & teal kits. I also added a gold foil heart die cut.

Now for the other pages:

  



Thanks so much for stopping by. If you did a DD album for 2014 I hope you too have been able to finish it.

Cheers,



No comments:

Post a Comment